1) A retrospective on the Republican Convention–What does it tell us about the future of republican politics & policy & what does it mean for the future of the US? [ dur: 9 mins. ]
2) The humanitarian crisis in Syria keeps getting worse with more than 1.5 million people displaced. [ dur: 16 mins. ]
3) The Scholars’ Circle — Syria, the region, the international community and possible solutions to the crisis there. [ dur: 29 mins. ]
- Mark LeVine, University of California,Irvine; Prof. of History.
Author of Why They Don’t Hate Us: Lifting the Veil on the Axis of Evil.
- Nader Hashemi, Univ. of Denver; Prof. Middle East and Islamic Politics.
Author of Islam, Secularism, and Liberal Democracy: Toward a Democratic Theory for Muslim Societies.
- Rochelle Davis, Georgetown University. Prof. of Culture Anthropology:
Author of Palestinian Village History
Visit our store [ lists books written by each on the panel ]