First, what are the real factors that will drive the justices decisions on Prop. 8 and DOMA? [ dur. 27mins. ]
- Samuel A. Marcosson is Professor of Law at University of Louisiana, Lious S. Brandis School of Law. HIs publications include, Original Sin: Clarence Thomas and the Failure of the Constitutional Conservatives, and the book chapter The Special Status of Religion Under the First Amendment … and What it Means For Gay Rights and Anti-Discrimination Laws (in Moral Argument, Religion, and Same-Sex Marriage: Advancing the Public Good).
- Lawrence Baum is Professor Emeritus in the Political Science Department at Ohio State University.. His publications include,The Puzzle of Judicial Behavior (Analytical Perspectives on Politics), and Specializing the Courts.
- Sanford Levinson is Chair in Law and professor of government at University of Texas Law School. His numerous publications include, Wrestling with Diversity; Our Undemocratic Constitution: Where the Constitution Goes Wrong (and How We the People Can Correct It) and Framed: America’s 51 Constitutions and the Crisis of Governance.
Then, on the Scholars’ Circle, with dozens of species going extinct every day, we look at the science and ethical issues of de-extinction – cloning using DNA of extinct species – and conservation. [ dur. 29 mins. ]
- Prof. Michael Archer, Univ. of New S. Wales, Prof. Biological Earth and Environment Science, published various scientific articles.
- Prof. John Wiens, Univ. of Arizona; Prof. Evolutionary Biology : Author of The Ecology of Bird Communities (Volume 1, Foundations and Patterns)(Cambridge Studies in Ecology)
- Carl Zimmer, Yale Univ. , Author of A Planet of Viruses;
Visit our Store [ lists books written by each on this panel ]
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (53.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | RSS