First, what can the history of human rights tell us about the struggles of today. [ dur: 15 mins. ]
- Michelline Ishay is Professor and the director of the International Human Rights Program at the University of Denver. She is the author of The History of Human Rights: From Ancient Times to the Globalization Era.
Then, Israel’s spiritual crisis and how it effects the Middle East. [ dur: 15 mins. ]
- Avraham Burg, former speaker of Israel’s parliament. He is author of The Holocaust Is Over; We Must Rise From its Ashes.
Finally, our panel argues that warring is a relatively new phenomenon in human societies and that human beings are not warlike by nature. [ dur: 28 mins. ]
- Douglas P. Fry, is Director of Peace, Mediation & Conflict Research at Abo Akademi University, Finland. He is author of Beyond War : The Human Potential for Peace.
- Darcia Narvaez, is Professor of Psychology at University of Minnesota. Co-author of Evolution, Early Experience and Human Development: From Research to Practice and Policy.
- Brian Ferguson, is Professor of Anthropology at Rutgers University. Co-author of War in the Tribal Zone: Expanding States and Indigenous Warfare.
Visit our Store [ lists books written by each on this panel ]