First, the media’s role in political change. Richardson discusses his book A Bomb in Every Issue: How the Short, Unruly life of Ramparts Magazine changed America. Scheer, founder of Truthdig, contributes his thoughts as a former journalist at Ramparts.[ dur: 18 mins. ]
- Peter Richardson was the publisher of Ramparts Magazine.
- Robert Scheer was the editor at Ramparts Magazine.
Then, in light of the crisis in law enforcement, particularly in the black community, we are rebroadcasting at look at the deep structural and cultural disparities that laid the groundwork for the events in Ferguson. [ dur: 40 mins. ]
- Clarissa Rile Hayward is Professor of Political Science at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. She is the author of How Americans Make Race: Stories, Institutions, Spaces.
- Delores Jones-Brown is Professor of Law, Police Science, and Criminal Justice at City University of New York. She is the author of Race, Crime and Punishment.
- Garrett Albert Duncan is Associate Professor of Education in Arts & Sciences. He also teaches African & African American Studies at Washington University in St. Louis. His publications are listed here.
Find book authored by our guest scholars on this Book Shelf .
This program is produced with generous contribution from Ankine Aghassian, Melissa Chiprin, Tim Page, Mike Hurst and Sudd Dongre.